Aaron M. Thomas
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Real Estate Development
- Lender Representation and Leasing
- Government Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida, J.D., 2014
- Mars Hill College, Mars Hill, North Carolina, B.A. Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, summa cum laude, 2010
- Honors: 3 Time Academic All American
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Member
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Aaron Thomas is a partner and manages the Tampa office of Najmy Thompson, P.L.
Aaron’s practice focuses on a wide range of real estate and corporate matters, including financing, development, acquisition and disposition of a wide variety of commercial real estate assets including hotels, multi-family properties and office buildings.
Aaron frequently represents clients throughout the state of Florida in connection with land use and various governmental matters including representation of clients under the Bert J. Harris, Jr. Private Property Rights Protection Act. He also has experience representing lenders and borrowers in the origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans, including construction loans and frequently advises clients on joint ventures and private company and business acquisitions and divestments.
Aaron is actively involved in the Tampa Bay community, currently serving the board of directors with A Brighter Community (ABC), Tampa’s oldest non-profit pre-school that has been providing education and support for at-risk children to build a brighter future in the area since 1922.
Recently Completed Transactions Include Representation Of:
- Acquisition and disposition of a $45M gulf front motel and $10M property management company, in addition to other apartment buildings, motels, and office buildings.
- Representation of a consortium of US and international investors in their acquisition of a minority interest in Plymouth Argyle Football Club.
- Acquisition, financing and disposition of multiple townhome and single-family developments.
- Commercial and residential loan transactions.
- Acquisition and disposition of high-end, luxury residential homes.
- Successful negotiation of over 100 settlement agreements for clients under the Bert J. Harris, Jr. Private Property Rights Protection Act across the state of Florida.
- Site plan, special exception and variance approvals for numerous residential, multifamily and commercial projects in Florida.