Rebecca A. Buky, Esq.
Areas of Practice
- Florida, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Golden Key National Honors Society, 1996 – 2000
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy, University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 2001 – 2002
- Internship, United States Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, Florida, 2002
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- University of Florida, B.S., cum laude, Journalism and Communications-Telecommunication-Operations, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association Member
- Sarasota Ballet Association Member
- The Montgomery Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2003 – 2018
I was born and raised in Bradenton, Florida. At the age of fourteen, I left home to pursue a career in Professional Ballet. I trained and performed with Chautauqua Institute of Dance, Chautauqua, New York; The Harid Conservatory, Boca Raton, Florida; Pacific Northwest Ballet, Seattle, Washington; and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I returned home for my senior year of high school, graduated from Manatee High School and then went on to graduate with Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctor Degrees from the University of Florida. Following my graduation from law school, I began working as an attorney, got married and had two children. My daughter is an avid tennis player and my son is an avid baseball player. We are a sports family! In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, my early morning Boxfit and HIIT workouts, running, fitness, nutrition, cooking, watching my kids play sports, watching live sports and sports on television, reading and playing with my dog.